Board of Governors…
All schools must have governors. The Board of Governors is part of the management team and is responsible for making sure the school provides the best education for all of our children.
How does the Governing Board Work?
The governors employ a Clerk who attends all the meetings, takes minutes, distributes reports and documents and provides advice. The role of the clerk is vital and we are lucky enough to have a very efficient and competent one at Sutton Park. Our Clerk to Governors can be contacted on 01562 67742 or email@example.com.
The governors elect a Chair and Vice Chair who work together with the Head Teacher and the Clerk to guide the work of the governing board.
The current Chair of Governors is Katherine Maynereid who can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01562 67742.
Full details of the trust governance arrangements are available by visiting: www.crst.org.uk
Our Strategic Priorities
• All children are given the opportunity to reach their full potential through immersion in a deep and rich curriculum.
• The quality of learning and teaching is good or better in all lessons.
• The progress of every pupil will be celebrated and encouraged through careful assessment and planning.
• Engagement between the school, parents and community is positive.
• There is a strong governance and robust leadership throughout the school.
• Rigorous recruitment and staff development ensures retention of high quality staff.
• Effective financial management enables success.
Frequently Asked Questions
– Understand how the Governing Body works and why.
How does the Governing Board work?
The governors elect a Chair and Vice Chair who work together with the Head Teacher the Deputy Head the Clerk and chairs of committees to guide the work of the governing board.
Governors monitor pay and performance progression for teachers and the Head. Governors can help with resolving complaints from parents.
Specific Governor Responsibilities
SEN & DDA – Chris Passey
Pupil Premium – Katherine Maynereid
Health & Safety – Richard Skilbeck
Finance – Andy Hogarth
How Do Governors Do Their Work?
How Can The Governors Be Contacted?
Sutton Park Primary School
T: 01562 67742
Office Manager – Jessica Medcalf
SENDCo – Danielle Duignan
We are proud to be a part of the Central Region Schools Trust.
141 - 143 Newhall Street
T: 0121 270 3117